Chris Davis is the Director of Integrated Communications at Fi-Plan Partners, an investment company in Birmingham, Alabama. He is in charge of photography, creating websites, and graphic design for the company. He made it very clear that search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the main keys to making his job successful and gave us a few helpful hints.
1. Keywords are very important and should be used often and correctly.
2. There are two types of links, outbound and inbound. Outbound links lead people away from your website and inbound links are links that lead to your website. The more inbound links that you have on other websites, the more traffic flow your company’s website will have.
3. The information on your website should always been new and fresh.
4. Video is an important component to a website because it engages the viewer. Videos are easier to make than most people think!
5. When posting pictures, be sure to name the JPEG file in a way that it describes the image. Google will pick this up in a search more easily.
6. The times you post on your website are critical. Research when most people are visiting your website so you can make sure the maximum amount of people are viewing your content.