On March 14th, Sean Wright spoke to a Samford PR class about his job as Director of Venue Management at the school. Mr.Wright oversees the Wright Center and the Pete Hanna Center. He came to Samford in 2007 to be a part of the opening of the Pete Hanna Center. Mr. Wright shared with the class what his day-to-day job is like and what goes into planning events. Here are some of the highlights:
1. In the venue planning business, the calendar never ends.
2. Every year seems to start earlier and end later.
3. Social media are important. The Wright Center and the Pete Hanna Center both have Twitter and Facebook accounts.
4. He spends a lot of time talking with people involved in potential productions and events at Samford.
5. He insisted that next level customer service is the key.
6. Cross branding is a very important key to event planning success.