On Friday February 10, Lori Merrick visited a Samford University Principles of PR class. During her presentation to the class, she discussed her history in the PR field and details of her job at Luckie & Co. She covered a great deal of information during her presentation, here are some of the key points:
- PR is not the department, whose sole purpose is to write, edit and hawk press releases.
- PR is never 100% controllable.
- PR is about results, hits and placements.
- PR is about being able to outline crisis communications strategies and implement them.
- PR matters more than ever because what others say about you is more important than what you say about yourself.