Hood is very knowledgeable and clearly loves what he does. Thankfully, he shared a bit of his wisdom with us.
1. Own who you are. Where you’re from will influence your views and ideas. You’re perspective will be different from others on your team, so don’t be afraid to add your ideas to the mix.
2. Think Big. Never stop learning. Read blogs and twitter feeds to be up on the latest trends. Keep your mind open so that you don’t get stuck where you are.
3. Everything is an opportunity. Pay attention to what’s going on around you.
4. Whip your writing into shape. You must be able to tell a story in a way that brings your audience back again and again. Engage your audience. The more you write, the more you’ll be able to see opportunities.
5. Don’t be afraid to network. If you can’t network in person, get on twitter. Don’t be afraid to tweet back and forth with professionals in the field. You never know when a twitter relationship could lead to an internship or job interview.