On Friday, Lori Merricks from Luckie and Company here in Birmingham came to speak to our public relations class. Lori, a Samford graduate, is the Account Director at Luckie Company. Lori’s presentation was very interesting and I learned a lot about advertising and public relations and how they work . Here are the 5 most important things I picked up on.
1. PR is a dialogue not a monologue.
2. Companies like Luckie really look for people that have Journalism background.
3. Brand Marketing is one of the most important things that Luckie does.
4. Timing is very important when you make your pitch to clients. Never make a pitch to a media outlet on a friday.
5. Research is one of the most important parts of a job you have to do if you work in Public Relations.