While personal, networking and media relationship have their differences such as the speed in which information is received and how each party interacts (personal: face-to-face vs. media: email, text, etc), these three relationships are also connected in various ways.
Personal, networking and media relationships:
- Realize the need and desire of two-way communication.
- Have goal oriented communication policies rather than event oriented
- Use media as a channel to reach their audience (or friends in personal relationships)
- Understand the importance of building trust and having open communication
- Actively take the concerns of their audience (or friends in personal relationships) into consideration