Last week we all learned a whole lot about the world of PR and social media. Thanks to Lori we were able get an inside view of what its like to work for a big PR Firm. As Lori explained, Luckie is much more than just PR because it also covers marketing and advertising. These are five of the most important things I took from her visit:
- The importance of brand marketing: it delivers a clear message, confirms credibility, motivates the buyers, and promotes customer loyalty.
- “you have to know the product as if you we’re working there!” This stresses the significance of knowing your client and their company.
- PR is dialogue– NOT monologue. Some of the key influencers are journalists, consumers, and bloggers.
- Know current events like it’s your job! You should be up to date with whats going on in the world and with your clients.
- Lastly, I learned that the term research in the world of PR simply means to know your client from the inside out. In order to represent them you need to become a part of their team and take the time to get to know them. You have to know the atmosphere!